Saturday, March 9, 2013

C4T #2

Will Richardson Feb 22

     In this week's post, Mr Richardson elaborates on the fact that current teachers in the U.S don't intertwine technology into their classrooms. What he doesn't know- which I informed him about- is that the next several generations of teachers will be technologically literate. Thanks to classes like EDM310, we will be ahead of, or at least up to par, with the technology and teaching strategies when we become teachers.


Mr. Richardson, 

My name is Callie Amond and I am a college student at the University of South Alabama. I'm actually in this prerequisite class for my Elementary Education major which is a media class! It's a course where we, the students, learn how to incorporate social media and new technologies into our methods of teaching for when we graduate and become teachers. My professor requires us to post weekly blogs and projects to make us more aware on how to use social media. Yes, I do agree that current school teachers could care less about including technology into their lectures, but there is a lot of change to come! I've learned about several different programs that are useful when teaching students and I plan to use all of them when I become a professional. I'm not exactly sure what the "Common Core" consists of, but I do know that the future teachers of America will be technologically literate! There is hope. I enjoyed reading your blog :)"


Will Richardson Mar 8

  This week, Richardson responded to an article by Seymour Papert in 1998. His article was simply stating that digital technology is moving us into a period where learners can learn on their own time. Mr. Richardson explained that we know where we came from, but where will we end up? He also goes to saying we need to find a compromise between "the public good of community school and powerful freedom to learn," and how we extend the freedom.

 My comment was simply agreeing with both Pepert's and Richardson's point-of-views. Yes we have advanced in digital technology, but we need to learn how to teach students while using this technology. The freedom part would come from letting students explore the world using their technology and assigning research projects. Richardson more importantly talked about how we could extend the freedoms to those who don't have access to the technology yet. His article really made me think.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment